Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July

I went home last Thursday for my mom's birthday and to spend some serious time with my family.  Some unexpected health news resulted in all four of us girls being home at some point throughout the holiday weekend, and I really enjoyed being around everyone.

On Sunday night, Amanda and I hopped in the car to find a spot on 190 to watch the fireworks display put on by Ft. Hood.  An awesome 4th of July celebration, complete with carnival rides and live music, is definitely one of the perks of being so close to post and they really outdid themselves this year.  Amanda took a bunch of pictures with her fancy-pants camera and was nice enough to share them with me.

Hope your 4th of July was filled with some combination of fun, family, and fireworks!  I'll post later about all the baking I did while at home, you didn't think I'd go home for my mom's birthday and not bake, did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment